There is no way anyone is going to be able to truly appreciate this post, these photos, or the insane amount of work it took to get this room back to habitable status after Joey moved out.
But damn if I’m not gunna try.
So, before Joey moved in, my guestroom looked kinda like this:
I say “kinda” because we donated the purple headboard to friends and upgraded the bed to a queen. But otherwise, it pretty much looked like that.
Then Joey moved in, we added a desk to the room and put the bed in the left corner.
I don’t have any photos of those dark, dark times for this room… I couldn’t bring myself to photograph it, but damn I wish I had.
Because when Joey moved OUT, every wall was covered with dirty marks from hands or feet and the carpet had some concerning marks.
We made him repaint the walls, clean the carpets, and GTFO.
And then I began redecorating.
And now, it looks like this!
Okay seriously the lighting in this room is a bitch, at best. So bare with me on the filtering of images. 🙂
There are other items that were too difficult to photograph, such as:
- The standing paper lamp I have in the corner
- The gold mirror from the original look that’s been relocated next to our window
- A narrow purple and white canvas with fun phrases on it.
- Absolutely amazingly awesome window treatments for that small window – lace sheers with big circles on them (thank you, Ikea), and dark purple black out drapes to help friends sleep in after late nights. 🙂
There are a few things that I still need to get for a finishing touch, like:
- A really awesome, soft rug in a fun accent color to break up all that purple and white.
- Some sort of clock in this room (digital alarm clock on one of those tables will just kill the vibe, man).
- And I’d really like a small table to the right just as you enter the room, for keys and purses.
- Oh! And I need a luggage stand like they have in hotel rooms. Where the hell do you buy one of those?
All in all, I really like the direction this room is taking. My inner 14-year-old comes out when given free-reign on decor, and the purple definitely boarders on pretty-pretty-princess-style. If I’m not careful there will be NKOTB posters and memory boards on the walls.
But I just kept aiming for a lovely, feminine, distressed boutique look and I think it’s coming together nicely – in a purple-theme, of course. 🙂